Fab Festive Moments
Snap your photos and have fun with our “virtual, contactless & socially distant” Santa
– how very 2020!
This year our Santa photos are different. We’ve made this decision to ensure our customers can stay safe and still get to have a photo with Santa (even if he is “virtual” this year).
We’ve created 3 x festive photo walls, so you can take your own photos – with the added suprise of Santa popping in for a visit.
You might like to come back many times, in different outfits – maybe ugly Christmas jumpers, boardies or matching family Christmas shirts.
- Take some family Christmas photos at the beach
- Chill with the street art in a laneway in New York
- Or have a celebrate a Christmas in Winter in a European street
– all without leaving Redbank. Enjoy a virtual holiday with your family on us!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DIY PHOTOS
- From 10-24 December (10am – 2pm daily) we will have a helpful Elf at the photo walls to help you take your own photos
- On Thurs 17 Dec & Wed 23 Dec, our helpful Elf will also be there from 5pm – 8pm
- You will still need to use your own camera or phone.
WHEN & WHERE
- 31 October – 24 December (during centre trading hours)
- Level 1, Atrium
- FREE & no bookings required (if area is busy, please come back later, it’s open all through our centre hours)
DIY SANTA PHOTO TIPS
1. Gather your group – Stand them in front of the photo wall.
2. Scan the QR code – Using your phone’s camera, scan the QR code on the floor decal. This will prompt you to open Instagram (make sure you have the latest version). If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can still take a photo against the walls, but you won’t see the virtual Santa
3. Follow the in-app instructions –
- Scan the photo area – Look around through your phone camera (up, down, left & right) to scan the background wall and floor – the filter needs to register the flat floor surface to place Santa effectively.
- Tap to place Santa – A white silhouette of Santa in a circle will appear. Move your phone around till you find the perfect place and Santa size. When you are happy, simply ‘tap to place’.
- Tap again to reposition – If you are unhappy with Santa’s size you can tap your screen again to re-position Santa.
- Selfie Mode – turn your camera into selfie mode to have a selfie with Santa.
- Capture Santa moment – Tap the filter button to capture a photograph. Press & hold the filter button for a video recording, with dancing Santa and Christmas message.
4. Capture your Santa moment – Take your photo or video and post to your Instagram and Facebook account, or press the download button to save to your phone.
5. Tag your photo – use #redbankplaza #fabfestivemoments
TIPS FOR KEEPING COVID SAFE
- Stay home if unwell
- Cover your cough
- Wash your hands
- Use hand sanitiser provided
- Keep 1.5m distance from others
- One family (per photo wall) at any time
- Don’t touch photo walls or decorations
- Children under 12 must be supervised
- Please observe the entry and exit points for each photo wall
- You will need to line up again to use each photo wall
- If area is busy, please come back later
LETTERS TO SANTA
To find out more about our “Letters to Santa” click here